Finding a good mattress can be a challenge but choosing the perfect one is an even more daunting task, since, technically there is no such thing. Everyone has a different way of sleeping and most importantly individual needs and preferences are very varied. If you are living with a chronic condition like arthritis or spinal issues or back pain then this becomes even more of a challenge. The reason why a person suffering from a chronic condition needs a perfect mattress will be different from someone who just wants a comfortable bed and a good night’s sleep.
Sleeping on the wrong kind of mattress can aggravate the problem further or even be the reason for it. Some renowned experts in the field of spinal care and back pain insist that just changing your mattress can make a huge difference in your condition. Those suffering from this condition are advised to use a spinal support mattress to alleviate the pain and provide the right kind of support for good spinal health. With the varied options available in the market, a regular customer would be confused about making the right choice.
We take the liberty to list down some points which will assist you in making an informed decision about choosing the right mattress to alleviate your back pain.
- Check if the mattress is firm enough to give adequate support to your lower back if you are the kind of person that usually sleeps on your back. It should be soft enough to contour to your body.
- Ensure that the mattress is not too stiff as this will push against the spine. On the other hand a very soft one will not give you the right support. The trick is to select a firm mattress for back pain but one that is of medium firmness.
- For those that prefer to sleep on their sides, a mattress with a slight amount of softness would be ideal since the hips and shoulders need to be cushioned.
- Some people who suffer from back pain find it easy to sleep on their stomachs as this provides some relief from lower back pain. For these, the best type of mattress for back pain would be a firmer one, so that it keeps them afloat.
- Another category of sleepers are those that are a combination of all of the above and move around on the bed frequently. Memory foam mattresses would be best suited for such sleepers as this would provide high movement isolation yet be adequately firm and soft.
The spinal cord consists of 3 curves:
- The cervical spine supports the head.
- The thoracic spine holds up the upper body
- The lumbar spine is the foundation of your back.
When sleeping or lying in bed, it is imperative to maintain the alignment of the spine, otherwise you are headed for chronic back problems. To support and maintain this alignment you need to invest in a good spinal care mattress.
If you are looking for the best mattress for back pain in India then look no further. Snoozer Ortho Firm is the solution to all your back problems. Conventional orthopaedic mattresses put pressure on the spine by making it curve unnaturally. This inhibits circulation leading to stress on the muscles and eventually resulting in backache and pain.
Snoozer Ortho Firm is the perfect orthopaedic mattress for back pain as this offers the right amount of comfort due to a well designed surface. Reduced pressure on the muscles also helps in easing the tossing and turning usually associated with discomfort. The thousands of coil springs embedded deep within a Snoozer Ortho Firm mattress provide adequate support to your spine and adapt to your body contours. These days several orthopaedic mattress brands are available online in India but if you are looking for the best mattress for back and neck pain then Snoozer is where your search ends.