Sleep deprivation, if accompanied by chronic back pain can have adverse effects on your health. In fact, more cases of back pain are being reported nowadays as compared to any other health problem with 90% of people experiencing it at some point in their life. The main causes are:
- Muscle Strain
- Abnormal Spinal Curvature
- Sleeping disorder
- Prolong anxiety
However, since people spend 1/3 of their lives on the bed, then choosing a good mattress for back pain is of foremost importance that majorly determines the extent to which the back pain improves or deteriorates.
As we all know that there are many different varieties of mattresses available in the market, so to decide which one is better isn’t easy. Identifying the best mattress for back pain literally is serious business! According to doctors, a medium firm mattress is the best choice for you since it provides targeted support for your back and as well as joints. Other reasons have been listed below to help you overcome the problem of back pain completely.
- It supports the use of pillows between the legs or underneath your head, making it easy to sleep in good posture.
- They are long lasting and hence, a much better investment.
- Provides better sleep by reducing any chances of discomfort.
- It provides support to all pressure points in the body, not letting any pain to build up.
- It decreases the pressure on your circulation system, allowing blood to flow better.
- It relaxes the muscles and joints all over the body ensuring that you have proper support at night.
In case you still aren’t getting any relief, there is an orthopedic mattress for back pain that provides the same amount of respite and support.
How to select a good medium firm mattress for back pain?
- Know the difference between hard and a medium firm mattress. A slight negligence here can aggravate the back pain. So, go for medium firm support with a comfortable feel.
- ‘Sit – and – sleep’ to get the real feel of the firm mattress for back pain.
- Check the warranty
- Inquire about the components of the mattress
- Keep a check of time to know when to dispose of. If the mattress is getting uncomfortable or sagging, it’s time to purchase a new one.
- Talk to some medical specialist or a therapist and as per his/her recommendation choose a mattress.
- Check the warranty before buying for getting it replaced if need be.
Bear in mind, that relief from back pain is essential to avoid attracting other health issues in future. So, it’s worth the time to research and then shop online to get the best medium firm mattress for back pain. You can also find it at the mattress store near you.